My 2nd birthday is coming up on October 25th but my moms has to work that day, so this past weekend I got to spend a ghost day with my mom and dad in early celebration! Woot woot.
We did all of my favorite things: I went to agility class, followed by a hike to see the changing autumn leaves, and then they let me go swimming even though it is getting cold. And since my birthday is so close to Halloween, they let me test out my Halloween costume! Check out some of my favorite moments below.
Because I got to celebrate early with my mom and dad, they also said I could throw a VIRTUAL BIRTHDAY PARTY with a few of my extra special friends, full of tricks & treats, fun games, gifts, and puppy kisses for all …
Thank you to this fun bunch of friends for being our most pawesome supporters!!! Let's get this party started!!!
FIRST | My party starts out with some TRICKS FOR TREATS : My favorite treats for that matter - homemade by my mom using my favorite food staple, sweet potatoes.
3 Ingredient Vegan, Grain Free Dog Treats:
- 1 sweet potato, cooked and cooled
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 cups quinoa flour
1. Preheat your oven to 350º F.
2. Add your sweet potato and coconut oil, and mix until well combined. Don’t worry about getting it completely smooth.
3. Add your flour, about a half cup at a time, until your dough begins to stick together and release from the sides of your bowl.
4. On a floured surface, roll out your dough to 1/4 inch thick and cut out your treats. Quinoa flour is not as elastic as regular flour, so you may have to roll in batches if your dough breaks apart easily.
5. Bake your treats for 20-25 minutes, then turn the oven off (or as far down as you can make it go) and let them sit and dry out for another 45 minutes to an hour. Take out your treats and let them cool before putting them away.
SECOND | Followed by my favorite indoor game: HIDE & SEEK
It’s easy to train your dog to hunt for you when you’re hidden. The key is to teach her how rewarding it is to find you.
How to Play
- First, get some tasty treats or your dog’s favorite toy.
- Ask your dog to sit-stay or down-stay. If your dog doesn’t know how to stay yet, have a helper hold her collar for you.. (If you’d like to teach your dog to stay on her own, please see our article Teaching Your Dog to Stay.)
- Go to another room and find a hiding place. Remember to take your dog’s treats or toy with you so that you can reward her immediately when she finds you.
- When you’re in your hiding place, call your dog to come to you—just once. (If you have someone helping you, ask them to release your dog’s collar as soon as you call her.) Then wait while she searches.
- As soon as your dog finds you, throw a party! Praise her enthusiastically and give her several treats, or toss her favorite toy and play a quick game of tug or fetch if she enjoys these games. (Please see our articles, Teaching Your Dog to Play Tug-of-War and Teaching Your Dog to Play Fetch, for information about these games.)
I love it when my parents hide my favorite toy and let me search for it … but something they pick really hard places.
Another one of my favorite indoor activities would be my nina-ottosson puzzles. Nina-ottosson puzzle games and toys exercise your dog’s and cat's mind and body while strengthening your bond with your dog.
My favorites are:
DOGTRUBBLE LEVEL 2-3
DOGDOMINO LEVEL 3
DOGCASINO LEVEL 3
THIRD | Last but not least GIFTS: BECAUSE I love to give gifts I want to surprise 3 super duper special guests...
THESE GUESTS OF HONOR (our top supporters on Instagram to-date) WIN A FREE WHOWAGWEAR EVERGREEN SHIRT!
CONGRATULATIONS* to @my_inspiration_is_youuuu, @murrow_the_frenchie and @brie_and_leo for all your lovin'.
I would like to thank you all for stopping by to celebrate with me. The only birthday wish I have is for your vote in the Subaru PET HALL OF FAME contest. You can vote for me HERE.
*Winners, please email us at email@example.com with the following: One choice of white good boy or good girl boxy tee, ninja wings boxy tank, or ghost 1.0 muscle tank / size / mailing address!